Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Situation

So the Crush and I are still moving along. I don't think we're official yet, but that could be coming soon. I saw him last Tuesday and Thursday nights. Tuesday was good, but Thursday was a bit awkward because we told the Ex about us. The Ex at first was really upset with the Crush because he was still having a hard time realizing that the Crush was really done with him. But yeah the Ex was pretty cool with me. He was just mad that he had wasted his time lately trying to get the Crush back when nothing was gonna come of it. I don't know, but basically, the Crush was really caught up with the whole thing and then he got the flu or something and went to spend the weekend with his Dad, so I haven't seen him for a while.

Friday night I went out with the Ex. I was pretty much a date, but it wasn't. We went to out to dinner and then to a movie. It was good. We flirted a bit, but nothing too serious. It was fun. I at first was a bit hesitant to go out with the Ex because I thought the Crush would get jealous or something if I went out with him, but we were just going as friends so it was cool. The movie was really boring though and I actually fell asleep which wasn't so cool. We saw No Country for Old Men. I thought it was pretty good, but it was a little weird and slow at times, which is kinda hard to imagine because it's about this guy being chased by a serial killer. Anyway, the Ex was asking a lot about the Crush and I. I tried to steer the conversation away from that topic, but it was pretty futile. He really is cool with the fact that the Crush and I are getting together, but he still is having a hard time with grasping that the Crush has moved on from him. Apparently, the Ex is having a lot harder time with this whole official unofficial breakup thing between him and the Crush.

But the Ex and I talked a lot about some family stuff and it was really cool. He told me about his family more and how they have no idea that he is gay. He says he is bisexual, but nobody really believes him. He really does act like a straight guy, but he has no luck with girls, which is kinda weird because he is a pretty cute guy and should have no problem with that. But yeah, we all are pretty sure he's 100% gay. Anyway, he was just telling me how when he was going out with the Crush (they were together for 9 months...) he told his parents he was with a girl. The Ex actually asked one of his girl friends to pretend to be his girlfriend and he introduced her to his parents. But yeah, it made me realize how lucky I am to have parents that are so accepting and can hardly wait for me to bring home my first boyfriend! It was really good to talk with the Ex about stuff. I can tell that he is really hurt by how the Crush has moved on from him, but I think it is really good that the Ex can come to me, the one who is now with the Crush, for support and comfort when he feels all alone. I can tell that someday, the Ex and I are gonna be really tight! (that whole "really tight" thing is an inside joke between the Ex and I, if he knew about this blog, he would get it, and he would laugh...)

Anyone watch the Super Bowl? I know I didn't! I honestly didn't even know who was playing until today. But I still got dragged to my uncle's place for a party and it was really lame.

No comments: