Sunday, January 6, 2008

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow classes start again. I was looking forward to it earlier in the break, but now I'd like another few weeks off before going back. Oh, and I was pretty upset to find out that my greek philosophy teacher gave me a B+, which dropped my GPA to a 3.685 and I need to keep a 3.7 GPA for my scholarship! So now I'm on probation this semester and HAVE to get at least a 3.7 to keep my scholarship. The money isn't that big of a deal though. In-state tuition is like 5k a year I think (it's a big, public, research university, that's why it's so cheap I guess), but my Dad said as long as I keep my scholarship, I can use my school savings to pay for housing, and I would really like to keep my scholarship so that next year I could afford a nicer place off campus either by myself or with a roommate or two! 

Either way, my school savings will get me through all of my undergraduate and probably 3 of the 4 years of dental school... so I don't have too much to worry about when it comes to the financial part of bad grades, but still I need a better GPA than a 3.685 to get into dental school... I'll definitely be working a lot harder this semester! But come on, it was my first semester of college and living away from home, and it still isn't all that bad! Plus, I was super stressed out with this whole coming out thing, and my Mom had a little medical scare that was pretty significant as well. It was definitely an eventful year for me and my family and we are all glad it's finally over!

But the biggest news is I went running with the Crush this morning! It could have gone better, but it was still good. It was a little weird because I was in a lot better shape than he. He goes to the gym a few times a week supposedly so he's got a good body, he just doesn't do much cardio, because he wasn't doing to hot. And I honestly don't know if he has a six-pack or not. From what I felt at the club, he's firm, but I wouldn't think he's really defined. But the running will help with that!

Oh, and it started snowing after about 5 minutes of running and by the end of the run it was practically a blizzard and we were both soaking wet. I didn't wear a hat, so my hair was completely drenched and I probably looked like shit, oh well. But the snow made it a bit slippery, and the Crush actually slipped and fell on his ass! We both laughed it off though because it wasn't a very hard fall. And I also kinda slipped and practically did the splits and now my inner right thigh is a little sore. It's not bad, but I don't think I'm gonna go running tomorrow because of it :(

When we got to the point where I went one way home and he went the other way, it was awkward. Goodbye? Yeah... I think he was expecting something, like at least a hug, but I just kinda kept running... probably a mistake, but I texted him when I got home and flat out said that we were "just friends" (which is how he put it after Friday night) so that's why I didn't give him some romantic goodbye kiss in the soaking, cold snowstorm, but I did add that it would have been nice. He responded with a little "Maybe next time..." That's quite an expectation to meet for our next run together! We then texted for another 2 hours until I had to go to work...

Work was lame. Because of the nasty snowstorm, there was nobody there. So the store was empty and I wanted to shoot myself after my 6 hour shift.

Then I went to my mom's house for dinner. My mom told me she would be out shopping, but would be home by 6 to have dinner ready by the time I got here. But here I am! It's after 8 and she still isn't here. I had some soup that she made last night for a little dinner party she had, and now I'm really bored. I'll probably head to my place soon and go to bed... My first class tomorrow is at 7:30! I'm totally not a morning person either, but I absolutely couldn't take the class at another time because of my stupid schedule and certain class times being stupid or something stupid like that. I had a class at 7:30 a.m. last semester... I went to about the first two weeks of class and then after that I only went for the exams... I got an A! That's not very good motivation for me to keep up with my 7:30 a.m. class this semester...

Music: "Frozen" by Madonna

4 comments:

Mike said...

Your GPA is definitely higher than mine in my first semester of college. It was a 3.0. I've made it a point to improve every quarter and have. Just keep focused! I know it is easier said than done, especially with things like family, coming out, things like that, but it is nice to see those A's and B's on your report card.

Troystopher said...

Good Luck this Semester!

Happy 2008!

Anonymous said...

hey joo. sounds like running was fun... even though hes not much of a runner. shows that hes trying to show interest in what you like... which is good, ya?

and... THERES OTHER PEOPLE LOOKING AT YOUR BLOG! YOU HAVE COMMENTS! :)

B said...

Mike's right...the GPA will go up. You must have a pretty major scholarship to have such strict GPA requirements on it!