Friday, December 7, 2007

My Latest Feelings Towards Church

So I've been thinking a lot about the whole church thing lately. Mainly because of the upcoming farewell for my friend this Sunday. But I don't know where this came from, but lately I've been feeling really upset with the whole Mormon church as a whole. I feel like I devoted so much time and effort into doing everything for the church and I got nothing in return. I tried to find a way towards self-acceptance, and the LDS church totally was not the right way to go for me...

The whole "faith without works is dead" thing, what's up with that? I had faith that things would work for me, but people kept saying you have to make things work for yourself. I tried that! I read, prayed, pondered, questioned, and talked about everything and I never felt like I got anything out of all my dedication. Now here I am. Just as lost and confused as I was when I was 13, except now I'm a lot older! My whole involvement with the church was a big waste of time that did nothing but make me even more confused as to who I am and what I believe in. Awesome.

But then again I know I should look at it as if I really did gain something from it. I guess you could say that I know I'm not a mormon! Phew... glad I spent such a huge portion of my life thus far to figure that one out!

Music: "You Don't Know Her Name" by Maps

No comments: